Taking medicine at a reasonable time is the most important factor to exert the maximum curative effect and reduce the incidence of adverse reactions
Talking about antimicrobial agents, always very tangled, really “make people happy worry.” From the British Fleming’s “discovery” of Penicillium by chance in 1928 to the saving of millions of lives by penicillin during World War II, to contemporary people’s panic over “superbugs” and their fight against bacterial resistance In the history of the war between humans and pathogenic microorganisms, the role of “double-edged sword” of antibacterial drugs is undoubtedly revealed.
Daily life, whether the need to take antibacterial drugs, antibacterial drugs used for treatment, a doctor to help determine. Patients taking medicine, the hospital pharmacy will be accompanied by a list of drugs, a detailed list of the amount of usage of drugs like Xanax, LSD, Psilocybin , Mescaline, take a few times a day, how many times to take, according to the doctor can take. However, we should know the reason why, when to take antibiotics the safest and most effective, before meals, after meals or after meals? Such problems often confused patients, this article will talk about taking antibacterial time points.
“Once a day” “Many times a day” What do you mean?
Antibiotics are widely used clinically, with various types, complicated branches, and different classification bases. At present, there are over 200 kinds of antibacterials commonly used clinically. The number of taking on the 1st, mainly with the drug pharmacokinetics, pharmacokinetic properties, divided into once a day administration and multiple administration on the 1st.
The efficacy of some antibiotics is proportional to the dosage, that is, the greater the dosage, the greater the bactericidal and bacteriostatic potency. Such as fluoroquinolones, aminoglycosides, the general proposal is to be administered once a day, the patient at a relatively fixed point in time to take. Another part of the efficacy of antimicrobial drugs and drug concentrations reached a certain range of duration, these drugs according to their half-life and after the effect of the length of time, it is recommended to take multiple times a day, such as penicillin, cephalosporins, macrolides antibacterial Drugs and so on.
In theory, once every 12 hours once a day, three times a day is taken every 8 hours. However, in actual practice, most of the antibacterials do not need to be so strict as they may affect the patient’s normal work-rest time and the patient’s recovery. As long as the average time of sleep is divided into two or three doses, Similar to three meals a day. However, if your doctor’s advice is given Q12 hours (that is, administered 12 hours apart), you must be strictly separated by 12 hours.
Which pre-dinner service, what post-service?
When it comes to three meals a day, the question is over again. Is it appropriate to take antimicrobials before meals or after meals? Before meals mean 15 to 60 minutes before meals. In order to make the food does not affect the absorption of drugs, most of the antibacterial drugs, such as cephalosporins, azithromycin, it is recommended to take half an hour before meals, especially some enteric preparations should be taken before meals, such as roxithromycin enteric-coated capsules, because Enteric agents dissolve in the stomach is minimal, the damage to the stomach wall can be neglected, and quickly reach the alkaline intestinal is conducive to the absorption of drugs to reach the value of plasma concentration.
Conversely, if the patient’s gastrointestinal function is weak, in order to reduce the stimulation of gastrointestinal drugs can be taken half an hour after a meal, or take a small amount of food after taking, especially those who may be larger stomach antibacterial drugs such as Nitrazoles, sulfonamides such as SMZco.
Antibiotics taking time, in detail, there are some considerations:
- Take different time according to different dosage forms: metronidazole, cefaclor, ordinary dosage form before meals, slow release dosage form or within 1 hour after the meal.
- Depending on the patient’s age, different dosage forms and taking time are different: such as clarithromycin, immediate release tablets before meals, sustained-release tablets or within 1 hour after meals, adults taking pre-meal suspension preparations, children’s meals Take a suspension formulation at 1 hour after meals or after meals.
- Take before meals: Lincomycin, minocycline, doxycycline, roxithromycin, norfloxacin, cefdinir, or can be taken after a small amount of food to reduce gastrointestinal irritation.
- After-meal or mealtime use: such as cefuroxime axetil, cefpodoxime proxetil, these fat-soluble drugs taken after eating can increase the absorption of drugs to improve bioavailability.
- have special dietary requirements: such as minocycline, doxycycline, roxithromycin should be avoided with milk and iron-rich foods with the same service; such as norfloxacin should be avoided with milk and caffeine Food and drink the same service; such as cefaclor, should be avoided with the calcium-rich, magnesium food with the same service. Avoid the same service, referring to medication and diet at least 2 hours apart.
In general, when it comes to the rational and safe use of antimicrobial agents, people are most concerned about variety selection, dosage control, duration of treatment, and the like. In fact, the rational taking of antibacterial drug point in time is to play the maximum effect of drugs, reduce the incidence of adverse reactions, one of the important influencing factors, the same can not be ignored. So remember to follow the doctor’s advice or consult a pharmacist after taking.