We are no strangers to digestive issues like constipation, bloating, stomachache, indigestion, diarrhea, acidity, heartburn, etc. These are very common problems and we have all suffered from one of these at least once in our lifetime. Considering our changing food habits in a fast lane life, these issues have become a part of our daily routine. However, we neither do anything about it nor do we talk about it. As compared to our grandparents, this generation is more likely to suffer from poor digestion and related issues. Besides improving food habits, there are some simple yet effective ways to treat these problems. Acupressure and reflexology are an effective method to relieve stomach issues. It provides instant relief, treats chronic issues and improves digestion for a long term. Stimulate acupressure points for better digestion.
Brief Guide to Use Acupressure Points for Digestive Problems
Acupressure is an alternative Chinese medicine technique developed thousands of years ago. Reflexology and acupressure work on the same traditional principles as that of acupuncture; but without needles. It promotes overall wellness and treats various medical conditions simply by stimulating energy flow through channels, also known as “meridians,” found in our body. As per the philosophy, the blocked energy in these meridians is the main cause of the illness. Hence, it aims at making life energy, known as Qi in Chinese, to reach these meridians effectively. Practitioners and patrons have experienced amazing benefits by using acupressure and reflexology to treat various health issues. The experts use fingertips to charge up these acupoints. While going to practitioners has numerous benefits, but acupressure is a form of self-healing. With some knowledge and practice, you can heal yourself and find instant relief to pains and other problems. Also, this treatment can be performed anywhere and at any place.
Acupressure for Digestive Disorders
Acupressure for indigestion involves several acupoints found in our body. They are easy to locate and apply pressure on for instant relief. However, you must find yourself a relaxing position and focus on breathing. Then, begin massaging the acupoints in a circular moment for a few minutes, until the point feels stimulated. While applying pressure, make sure it is not too hard. It should be enough to create sensation or stimulation. Acupressure for digestive problems requires stimulating at least one of the following points.
- Union Valley: This acupoint is very easy to locate and used for several bodily issues. You can find it by stretching all your five fingers out, it is found in the web between the index finger and the thumb. It is one of the most effective points used in acupressure for stomach problems. Pressing this point stimulates the energy pathway and it improves the intestinal function. Also, it cures pains resulting from indigestion, constipation, and diarrhea. It is effective for treating abdominal pain, too.
- Center of Power: Another effective point for acupressure for indigestion lies in the middle line of the body, above the navel. Pressing this point heals different kinds of stomach related problems, pains, and gas. Practicing acupressure for digestive disorders on daily basis improves digestion effectively. People suffering from heart disease, high blood pressure, and cancer are advised against using this point for treating stomach issues.
- Sea of Energy: This stomach point just lies a few centimeters away from Center of Powerpoint. This one is found below the navel, on the middle line of the body. This point is considered to be the center of the human body. Applying pressure to this point relieves digestive disorders as well as menstrual pain.
- Middle Cavity: It is one of the major points to heal stomach issues and great for everything related to digestion. Treats problems like bloating, gas, indigestion, heartburn, diarrhea, constipation and more. According to the philosophy, this is the point where most of the stomach energy gets collected. It is located on the middle line of the body. It can be found halfway between the soft depression where ribs meet together and your belly button.
- Crooked Pond: This acupoint plays a significant role in acupressure for indigestion. Treating constipation, intestinal discomfort from diarrhea and cramping are among many other problems that can be treated by applying acupressure to this point. Fever, sore throat, and elbow issues are some other issues that can be healed with it. It lies on the outer edge of the joint of the elbow. To find the right location, bend your elbow to see the crease. Massaging it with the thumb of the other hand for several minutes will provide instant relief from any form of intestinal discomfort. Making it a part of your daily routine results in better health.
- Three Mile Point: This point is located about 4 centimeters below the kneecap, at the outer edge of the leg. Applying firm pressure to this point results in healing various digestive disorders like enteritis, stomach ulcers, bloating and gas, nausea, vomiting and more. Regular massage improves the general functioning of the digestive
- Great Rushing: Experts suggest acupressure for digestive problems must include massage of this point. It is found between the web of the big and second toe of the foot. It is an effective point for healing abdominal pains, nausea, indigestion and improves gallbladder health. Regular massage is beneficial for those suffering from issues related to the gallbladder.
- Grandfather and Grandson: it’s a powerful point in restoring a healthy system. It is found in a depression between the ankle and the toe. A firm pressure applied on this point stimulates energy in the stomach and relieves stomachache, nausea, indigestion and more.
Good digestion is essential to overall health. If you have been long avoiding your digestive disorders, it’s time to pay attention and treat them. All you need is a few minutes to heal yourself with the amazing technique of acupressure and reflexology.