We all like to dine out once in a while but at times, the overall experience is so bad that we do not feel like visiting the restaurant again. This negative experience can be due to various other reasons apart from food. For instance, we may not like the ambiance of the restaurant or the customer service may not be up to the mark. Irrespective of what the reason may be. Once we feel that the overall impression of the restaurant is not according to our standards, we would not make another visit. Same is the case when a website lacks user experience. Any user on your site wants to read quality content. It will surely help to increase the site’s overall organic traffic. So, text correction for the written content is important.
If the users feel that things are not according to their standards, they would not prefer making another online visit. Particularly, if your website aims at product selling and has been developed with an e-commerce thought process; things should be nothing less than perfect. In an overall manner, you should make sure that there are no problems with the user experience of the website. Secondly, try to improve it all times. You can also glance at competitor websites to check where the lacking is.
User experience is essential for getting constant traffic and avoiding a high bounce rate. Normally, business owners get impressed if their website has a high user count coming in. However, you need to check whether users are spending considerable time on your website or not. A proper analytics tool should be able to give you a clear idea. If your website has an increasing bounce rate, it simply means that people are landing on your website but they are not spending enough time on it. This simply means that there are certain deficiencies in your website due to which customers are not spending long time frames. Again, a high bounce rate may also mean that the user experience is not up to the mark.
Here are the top 5 areas which should be examined to improve the user experience.
Do you have a consistent quick page loading pace
When you are examining the page loading speed of your website, imagine yourself as one of the customers and not the owner of the website. How much time does each page take to load? Does your website have a high page loading time that similar websites? If yes then why should customers opt for your website?
It is a fact that content quality, infographics and use of visual content are all important constituents. The key point is that a customer would only be able to check these parameters when the page has been loaded completely. It is obvious that a customer would not be able to view the home page until its loading process has been completed. On the other hand, if the page is taking too long to load, there are rare chances that the customer would wait for the page to load.
You can use a proper tool to check the page loading speed of your website. Various tools are available online for this purpose. It may happen that one of your pages may be loaded at a slower pace than others. This does happen when the data size of one page is greater than the others due to which the host responds to the user request at a slower pace. Page loading speed is very important for convincing the user that the website is up to the mark in every manner.
For most customers, the loading speed of a website is more important than a lot of other factors. Some of them are only concerned about only looking at the product options. Let us take a related example. Consider that a customer wants to buy a watch and he does not have a lot of time. For him, a quick website with quality options for watches would be the most important option. If he browses a website that seems related but takes too much time to load, he would click the close tab and seek quicker websites.
Understand the importance of a sitemap
Before you understand the importance of a sitemap, you need to understand what it actually is. Every website has a collection of pages that are mostly interlinked with each other. When a user lands on your website, he may not have a very clear idea of how your website works and what is the overall flow. For this purpose, he would obviously require a sitemap.
- A sitemap highlights the flow of information from one page to the other and this is what a new user needs. New users do not have any idea about the flow of information on a website. Consider that you have a new user on your website and he visits the landing page. He needs to move from the landing page to the home page and then to the services page. How would he know the flow of the website and the links that need to be clicked to visit the services page? This information would obviously be provided through a sitemap.
- A proper sitemap explains how users can actually travel through the website. As a result of this map, users do not have to search every tab to locate the link that they are looking for. A proper sitemap is a key sign that the website has been designed in a professional manner.
Content updating and refreshing
Simply publishing quality content once does not actually convince the user that the website is top notch. The requirement of fresh content is always there. In other words, content has to be updated from time to time. Reputed companies have a simple process in this relation. They have a well-defined cycle after which the content is updated. For instance, some websites have a weekly content updating cycle. This simply means that at the end of each week, the content is updated and fresh information is uploaded for the customer.
- Reputed websites have experienced content research and development team. Based on the user requirements, preferences and subject needs, content is refreshed. Along with that, the keywords are updated so that the website is portrayed among the generated results when the user types a search.
- How important is the grammatical health of written content? Normally, a lot of website owners think that users do not get concerned even when the written content has grammatical issues. This is not a factual statement by any means. The users of today are very smart and they examine the content in depth. This simply means that if the content has not been proofread, the grammatical mistakes would be identified without any problem. Websites with low standard content are not considered by users in any manner. They think that the website may have legitimacy problems and trusting such websites is a big risk. The best thing is that content should be proofread prior to the publishing stage. Other than that, if you are using facts, ensure that they are authentic and things have not been exaggerated in any manner.
The technical infrastructure and broken links
A website should not have any technical flaws as such problems can create a permanent negative impression in the mind of the user. For instance, consider that a user visits a website and clicks the link to the “Contact Us” page. If the page has a broken link, the customer would get quite frustrated. Other than that, he would not visit the website again as he would think that it is not up to the mark in technical terms. Website owners should prevent such impressions to be created.
Prompt customer support at all times
Quality customer support is very important as this makes the customer feel that he is taken care of. Consider that you have a customer who is interested in one of your products but has a question at the same time. He would obviously want the question to be answered before he pays for the desired product.
- Reputed brands have a state of the art customer support team. If a customer has any query, he gets in touch with one of the support team members and gets the query answered. In most cases, the support team works round the clock and is available through live chat and email. Ensure that the customer support team is competent enough to answer maximum queries and concerns. For some people, queries being handled in the correct manner are a high priority factor. The select or reject a company on the basis of how the kind of support they are getting.
Summing it up
There is no doubt that if the website user experience is not up to the mark, things can get quite bad for website owners. To start with, they can lose traffic and the organic searches would be reduced. Other than that, they would stop generating business and more than anything, the reputation would be lost. If you want your website to excel and generate money for you, make sure the user experience is up to the mark in every way.