We live in times when having no subscriptions to the Internet is not even considered remotely possible. The Internet is part and parcel of our lives and we ensure steady subscriptions to the Internet for ourselves and our families. You will hardly find a household where there is no Internet. People are very choosy about the Internet service provider, mainly because of the intense competition in the market. The customers don’t settle for less now and pick services like Mediacom Internet Speeds because they want blistering speeds and economical rates. Being familiar with the Internet means being familiar with the terms that are recurrently associated with the Internet. Social media and Digital marketing are common terms that we listen quite often. Some people think they are one and the same thing, but that’s not true.
Digital marketing is a set of marketing strategies that essentially require Internet-based forums while social media include all different platforms that connect people, provide entertainment and enlightenment, and can also be used as marketing forums for Digital Marketing. Subscribing to a quality Internet service provider is a great idea, so consider Mediacom Internet services for whopping speeds and economical billing schedules. Let’s discuss the difference between Digital Marketing and Social Media in detail.
What exactly is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing revolves around promoting and building awareness about a product or a brand while making the best use of all available channels that are available on the Internet.
Here are the basic components of the Digital Marketing:
- Internet Marketing– It includes Web, SEM (search engine marketing that includes SEO and PPC/Pay per click advertising), Web, smartphones and their markets ( for instance, Apple Store and Google Play), advertising via online banners, Email marketing, and of course, Social Media.
- Digital Channels (Non-Internet)– Television, SMS, Radio, Outdoor and indoor Digital billboards.
All these components are essentially connected with each other and compose the Digital Marketing.
What exactly is Social Media?
Social media includes all different platforms that are used for communication, entertainment, and much more. We all are familiar with the huge names such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Google+, Linked In, and so on, that we use every hour or every day for a number of reasons. Social media is now being used as a buzz word for Internet marketing for a couple of years now. These effective forums have revolutionized the ways we shop, interact, and socialize. As far as the connection with Digital Marketing is concerned, Social Media has introduced new channels to the Digital Marketing.
One of the main functions of Social media is the essential exchange of information, which makes them the best platforms for Digital Marketing.
Marketing Potentials and Perspectives
There are a number of interesting facts and figures that prove that Social Media has a massive marketing potential. Consider some:
- Facebook has 2 billion active users.
- Twitter has 319 million active users.
- Snapchat has 150 million active users.
- Instagram has 800 million active users.
These were the stats of only a few of the mainstream social media sites. There are others too. From the marketing perspective, social media sites are the best forums for effective marketing. Consider the massive number of subscribers and users and your marketing content getting exposure to all of them.
Social Media Marketing
Utilizing social media platforms for effective marketing and promoting/spreading awareness about a product or a brand on the social media channels is called social media marketing. Social media can prove to be the most effective and exceptional platform for Digital marketing, referring to the number of subscribers and frequency of usage.
Social media marketing strategies work in the following steps:
- Building Followers– Social media forums are free and you can avail this facility also, free of cost. You can build followers, fans, and subscribers by sharing catchy content, hosting contests and engaging your users effectively.
- Paid Advertising– Utilize Facebook ads, Twitter (promoted accounts), or Google AdWords to effectively market and advertise your products and brand.
Why you should consider Social Media for Marketing:
- Social media is one of the fastest ways to spread and advertise your brand or product. Your product or brand will not go unnoticed because of the high frequency and usage of the said forums.
- Social media is exceptionally good for Search Engine Optimization.
- Social media is one of the places to interact and make connections with the customers and to figure out their expectations
To take the advantage of the amazing potential of Social Media and Digital Marketing, subscribe to a high-quality ISP such as Mediacom Cable Internet, and enjoy amazing speeds.